Once players have developed sound fundamentals, they can begin their college pathway journey.
- Ages 11-14/15
- Build UTR profile
- More emphasis on tournaments
- More emphasis on the physical component
- More emphasis on academics.
- Ages 14/15-18
- College showcases
- Target specific schools/colleges
- Profiling players in detail
- Targeted plan for UTR/Academics/CV
For the past 15 years, TennisAsia has had a strong partnership with Benny Lin – Founder of HKITA (Hong Kong International Tennis Academy). Benny is now based in Los Angeles and works with TennisAsia on assisting players interested in using their tennis to secure US college acceptance.
BENNY LIN Bing Chao
- HK National Coach from 2002-2007
- Former Davis Cup Player for Indonesia and Taiwan
- Founder of Hong Kong International Tennis Academy – No. #1 College Tennis Preparation Program in Asia (9th year running).
- Has helped place over 30 students into the NCAA Tennis programs since 2007.
- Students placed at Cornell University, University of Chicago, Middlebury, Wellesley and William College.
UTR Ratings Required for College Acceptance
TennisAsia’s club programs and coaches have nurtured numerous homegrown junior talents that have gone on to play college tennis and even represent HK at Davis Cup level. We place a strong emphasis on the long term journey, because we truly believe tennis is more than a game.
- Colombia University/HK Davis Cup
- University of Virginia – Top 90 ITF Junior
- University of Louisville – D1
- Vassar College D3
- Haverford College D3
- Quinnipiac University Div 1 Scholarship
- Clairemont McKenna College D3 (4 x All American | HK Davis Cup)
- Pamona College
- Skidmore College D3
- Claremont College All American
- University of Michigan
- All American and Team Captain
- Cornell University
- Columbia University
- Amherst Georgetown University
- Arizona State University
- Vanderbilt University
TennisAsia’s club based programs and coaches have also helped many juniors enter into international boarding schools through tennis:
- Philips Academy Andover (PA)
- Eton College (UK)
- St Paul’s School
- The Taft School
- The Lawrenceville School
- The Cate School
Jason puts a lot of time and effort for a valuable insight on my game. He is the first person I would contact for guidance, even at a collegiate level.Alester Magalit – Div 2 NCAA Player
Being a student of Jason’s has helped me prosper to become not only a better tennis player but a better person. On the court, he doesn’t just focus on tennis but attributes that can help and contribute to skills you need for the rest of your life, which is what I believe sport is truly about. In many ways, Jason himself has inspired me to strive to become better by pushing me and leading by example. His constant effort that goes into each lesson in terms of planning and engagement is something I really appreciate. As I personally enter college, I take with me tennis skills but also my hardworking and resilient attitude that was developed with Jason on the court as well.Adam Chow – College Tennis player and former HK Nationals u18 Doubles Champion