Please choose program according to player’s age/level for more details
At the end of this stage, some of the juniors begin to show a preference for tennis as their sport of choice.
For juniors new to tennis, fun must still be the priority.
For those that have transitioned from red – orange – green, they should be enjoying their tennis, but capable of working a little harder on developing sound fundamentals – balance, contact & use of non-dominant arm.
Healthy, structured competition can be arranged with the focus on participation.
Group sessions form the second stepping stone in our Player Competitive Pathway. More variables, higher intensity, more stress and a need for faster thinking are all introduced here with less coach involvement, more self-exploration and team building. Keystone performance strengths will be introduced here throughout the year.
Green Development Syllabus
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS PDF
Character Development Strengths
Accountability cards given out throughout the term related to the character strength block we are working on – Focus – meditate or do mindfulness once/week for a set time depending on the player for example.
Practicing and playing guidelines
- Basic physical, technical, mental and tactical fundamentals – even if through other sports.
- Desire to improve and enjoy the sport.
- Enjoy competition.
The mission of the coach
- Participation should be fun and enjoyable.
- A safe and stimulating learning environment must be established.
- Basic tennis skills should be acquired through quality group and private lessons.
- Practices should be structured using modified equipment for progressive tennis.
- Game-based play using progressive tennis should be included regularly.
- The development of fundamental movement, motor and basic tennis skills should be integrated as a part of all group lessons.
- Competition and match play shall be meaningful with the use of progressive tennis.
- Coaches/instructors should be certified with knowledge of growth and development of children.
The mission of parents
- Help support the coach to achieve all of the above.
- Make sure that juniors love and enjoy training.