Please choose program according to player’s age/level for more details
At the end of this stage, we are hoping the juniors will love tennis.
As with Blue Ball, the most important focus of this group training is still to emphasize fun and enjoyment when playing tennis. We continue to try to develop key motor-learning skills and the basics of ABC – agility, balance and coordination whilst learning to be in a social group setting.
Technical skills are minor priority here. Fun, fun, fun!
Group sessions form the second stepping stone in our Player Competitive Pathway. More variables, higher intensity, more stress and a need for faster thinking are all introduced here with less coach involvement, more self-exploration and team building. Keystone performance strengths will be introduced here throughout the year.
Red Development Syllabus
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS PDF
Character Development Strengths
Accountability cards given out throughout the term related to the character strength block we are working on – Focus – meditate or do mindfulness once/week for a set time depending on the player for example.
Practicing and playing guidelines
- No prerequisites required for red -ball players.
The mission of the coach
- Participation should be fun and enjoyable.
- A safe and stimulating learning environment must be established.
- Basic tennis skills should be acquired through quality group and private lessons.
- Practices should be structured using modified equipment for progressive tennis.
- The development of fundamental movement, motor and basic tennis skills should be integrated as a part of all group lessons.
- Coaches/instructors should be certified with knowledge of growth and development of children.
The mission of parents
- Help support the coach to achieve all of the above.