UTR Competition Guidelines
- Throughout a tennis player’s career a win-loss ratio of 3:1 has been identified as essential for both developing confidence and ensuring optimal challenge during competitive play.
- It should be the most important criteria considered in the selection of a competition.
- For example athletes should look to “play up” only when they are able to consistently achieve this level of success.
- Conversely, if an athlete is not achieving this level of success, they should adjust their competition selection by entering into lower level events, ensuring that the 3:1 win-loss ratio is met.
Juniors – Find your perfect group
Practicing and playing guidelines
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR UTR COMPETITIONS
NOTE: We are excited to announce that UTR has now introduced online payment for countries outside of the US and starting from November 1st 2021, you will be able to register directly on the UTR platform and pay there.
You will no longer need to register on our website, wait for a password and then register again on the UTR platform.
UTR will however be charging a $US10 fee/player for verified events. This is their new policy, not ours.
Good news, we have a solution. Any player that becomes a power subscriber will be able to register for free for any verified events in HK or elsewhere.
To become a power subscriber, we have set up a link here where you will receive a $US10 discount on registration. The current annual fee is $USD99.
The benefits of becoming a power subscriber apart from saving money:
- Advanced analytics – win-loss records/winning streaks
- Trending UTR Ratings with history
- Results analysis
- Free registration for verified events
- UTR Rating visibility to two decimal places of all players
- And plenty of other exclusive partner benefits
We do think this is a positive step for UTR events and will make registration easier for you and also for us going forwards. We are aware some of you are not playing so many events and may not want or need a power subscription. This is your choice entirely.
If you are NOT a power subscriber and you enter a verified event, you will be charged $US10/event/player by UTR from November 1st 2021 and this is out of our control.
Non-verified Event players (Green ball):
- If you are not playing verified events and only playing non-verified (Green ball) events you can choose not to sign up for power subscription if you like.
- We will still charge everyone through the UTR platform to avoid double sign ups for you guys and this should make registration a lot smoother and simpler.
Please register for a power subscription before November 1st 2021 (unless you already have one) by using this link and receive a $10USD discount: https://app.universaltennis.com/referral/hongkong877
- Make sure you have registered for a power subscription to avoid paying extra registration fees (https://app.universaltennis.com/referral/hongkong877).
- Sign up and register on the UTR website for the event you would like to join (https://app.universaltennis.com/clubs/323) and pay for the event.
- You’re all set. The draws and schedule will be published once all players register. (Usually these will be out Wednesday evening for weekend events).
- The draws/schedule and all communication will be done through the UTR platform – please make sure you check.
FOR NON UTR COMPETITIONS:
Please note that for Non-UTR Events, registrations will be paid via our registration system – GoTimmy system.
CONTACT UTR ADMIN
- Registration announcements will be made on all TennisAsia Instagram and Facebook platforms.
- We will publish a schedule of monthly events one month in advance (e.g. December events will be posted online on November 1st around 11am) on our website and social media platforms. Meanwhile registration will be opened at 12 noon on the same day on the UTR website.
- Please review the list of events and think about which events you want to register for before paying for your UTR event.
- Please make sure you’re at the correct UTR level. Please check with coaches or UTR admin if you’re not sure as we will remove you without refund if you sign up for the wrong event also.
- Deadlines will be announced clearly and followed strictly. (72 hours before event starts)
- There is a waitlist for those that miss the deadline for registration or when no spots are available.
- No refunds for any reason will be given back to a player that has registered and paid.
- Draws and schedules will be published 48 hours before the event takes place.
RULES – ON THE DAY
- Reporting time: 10 minutes before match time. (Sign in must be done in person)
- If a court is available and a match has been called, a timer will be set. 15 minutes and a player not present will be defaulted.
- A default will show up permanently on their UTR record.
- 5 minute warm-up.
- Score cards will be present on each match court. Players must change their scores throughout each match.
- Breaks during matches will follow ITF Junior rules. (Appendix – ITF Junior rules)
- Medical timeouts and breaks will also follow ITF Junior rules. (Appendix – ITF Junior rules)
- Scoring formats may change, but will be set and established clearly before an event takes place. Please be familiar with these before entering.
- No coaching on court.
- No use of mobile phones on match courts.
- Any outside interference – except from officials – will be considered as foul play and ITF Junior rules will be applied here. (Appendix)
UTR Myth Busters
Here is a useful link that busts some of the myths on UTR. Click here to learn more.
Please do read this carefully because it’s clear that the algorithm is not only complex but also dynamic.